Job Announcement—August 26, 2022
Wellness & Arts Center Social Worker
Iona Senior Services is pleased to announce that we are hiring a full‐time, (40 hours a week) Social Worker for the Wellness & Arts Center. Iona is a nonprofit organization that directly helps over 3,500 older adults and families each year with the challenges 1975, we have educated and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington D.C. area. Since, advocated, and provided community‐based programs and services to help people age well and live well. Iona’s suite of services includes Adult Day Health, Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, Support Groups, Food and Nutrition services, Information and Referral and more. For more information about Iona, please visit www.iona.org.
Iona is a warm and collegial workplace that promotes excellence in client services and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and the professional growth of employees.
The Social Worker will coordinate social services for the participants, families, and caregivers of Iona’s Wellness & Arts Center. The Social Worker will organize and facilitate the initial assessment, care planning, and discharge process, serve as member of the interdisciplinary team, and assist in the on-going evaluation of the Wellness & Arts Center. The Social Worker shares the responsibility with all staff for assisting clients as needed; promoting community awareness of Iona Senior Services and other community resources; and participating in planning, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and other agency-wide efforts which support the whole organization.
New participant enrollment and discharge
- Facilitate enrollment of new participants through initial interview/assessment, counseling, and scheduling care plan meetings.
- Assess psycho-social needs with Care Plan Team and determine care needs of each potential participant.
- Develop the participant’s Plan of Care within 14 business days of admission in consultation with the participant, their representatives, and the care team.
- Plan for and provide information to participants and caregivers regarding services available throughout transition period and upon discharge.
Counseling/Group Work/Community Outreach
- Assist participants and their families with program adjustment; make referrals for other services as needed.
- Advise and keep informed all center staff and caregivers involved in the participants care of current psycho-social issues pertaining to participant and available community resources on a regular and routine basis.
- Lead regular social work group programs in coordination with the Program Manager or designee.
- Provide counseling, education, and/or crisis intervention as needed to participants, caregivers, and staff.
- Determine the need and feasibility of groups and other programs for caregiver support on an ongoing basis and work with other Iona staff to provide these programs.
- Determine the need for additional health care or other services and facilitate the referral process for those services.
- Coordinate with Care Plan Team to ensure scheduled completion of all care plans in accordance with required timelines.
- Entering monthly notes in each participant’s record.
- Maintain departmental compliance with Medicaid, Department of Aging and Community Living Veterans Affairs, and other regulations as they relate to social services.
- Maintain ongoing evaluation of participant’s progress with the entire staff.
- Participate in planning and facilitating in-service training with and for the entire staff.
- Complete outcome tracking activities for all participants.
- Assist Director in the ongoing evaluation and plans for growth of the center.
- Assist program and nursing staff when needed with daily activities.
- Meet continuing education requirements for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in social work. DC license required.
- One year of experience working with older adults in a social service or healthcare setting.
- Experience working with clients living with dementia and their caregivers as well as experience in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills.
- Initial and annual chest x-ray/PPD or medical certification.
- First aid and CPR certification.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Up to date on COVID vaccination and booster(s).
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.