POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT- 7/2/2020
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring a part time Senior Associate, Donor Relations. We are a nonprofit organization that directly helps 3,500 older adults and families with the challenges and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington, DC area. Since 1975, we have educated, advocated, and provided community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well.
Iona’s suite of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, our award-winning adult day health program, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, home-delivered meals, and more.
Iona is fortunate to have a community of committed supporters. We have strong relationships with long-term funders, actively engaging stakeholders while cultivating new partners and developing new revenue streams.
About the Role
In the newly created role, the Senior Associate, Donor Relations, will be responsible for introducing new donors to Iona through our Heart of Iona tours, developing engaging events throughout the year, and assist with overseeing the Heart of Caring Luncheon, among other duties. These responsibilities require strong writing and communication skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle competing priorities, and a forward-looking, proactive, efficient, and results-focused mindset.
The incumbent will be innovative, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial, and dynamic, to help elevate the organization’s fundraising efforts. The incumbent will enjoy engaging with donors and planning a variety of donor events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will work remotely, until all staff are safely welcomed back into our Tenleytown location.
- Develops, suggests, and works with the Director of Development and Communications and Executive Director on ideas to maintain Iona’s donor pipeline. May solicit ideas from other departments within Iona on new donor ideas.
- Recruits and trains volunteer ambassadors to host tours about Iona’s mission.
- Reimagines tours within the current Covid-19 crisis and develops new virtual tactics for our pipeline.
- Develops compelling tour content and coaches speakers.
- Follows up with all tour attendees to cultivate new tour hosts and tracks conversations within our constituent database.
- Manage the volunteer Pipeline Committee, which is comprised of donors, volunteers, and Board Members.
General Development Relations
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees the annual fundraising luncheon in coordination with the Director of Development and Communications. This includes recruiting and supporting table captains and developing a compelling event and video that moves people to donate.
- Assists in the development of various donor events throughout the year. Attends evening and weekend events as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of aging services and generate new ideas to draw donor’s attention
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. 2-3 years of related experience in event-planning or fundraising.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, and execute projects.
- Savvy storytelling and listening skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must be persistent and able to meet critical deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with a warm, amiable personality. Ability to interact professionally and effectively and maintain positive relationships with staff, donors, and others.
- Excellent organization skills, attentiveness to detail and ability to focus on under pressure.
Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor.
Iona offers a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation and a 403(b)-retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Expand HR Consulting, Erica Raphael: .
Iona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.