May 6-May 12 is National Nurses Week, and we want to highlight our wonderful nurses here at Iona.
We’re so fortunate to have dedicated nurses who work with our Wellness & Arts Center participants daily, as well as nurses who connect older adults to resources and support they need in the community, and advocate for their needs. Iona’s nurses are truly invaluable to the work that we do.
- Emmanuel D.
- Conny O.
- Fiona D.
- Judy L.
- Sydney N.
- Gerry R.
- Dixcy B.
- Ellen F.
- Carol K.
- Lorraine O.
In honor of National Nurses Week, we asked staff and Iona participants to share what makes our Iona nurses so special. Read what they had to say below!
Comments from our team:
- “The nurses go above and beyond. The work they do is very difficult.”
- “The nurses are always there, even to help the staff out. Sometimes we need a Tylenol or an ice pack—they take care of us.”
- “The nurses are key to maintaining each person’s wellness in the Center.”
- “We have the best nurses—they are wonderful, marvelous, and hardworking.”
- “Emmanuel has built great relationships with the male participants—he has earned their trust.”
- “Conny will put on Michael Jackson music in the afternoon and sing and dance with the participants.”
- “I have so much respect for our nurses. They have chosen to dedicate their lives to the care of others.”
Comments from participants:
- “They are the finest people here.”
- “I can talk about my anxiety with the nurses—they help me.”
- “They always take my blood pressure and are very gentle.”
- “When I get sick, they make me feel better and take care of me.”
- “Conny is very nice and gives me medicine when I need it.”
- “One day when I was crying, Emmanuel told me a story to encourage me. I felt better.”
Thank you to all of our nurses for keeping our participants safe and smiling. We appreciate you!
Want to share your own words of thanks to our Iona nurses? Comment below!