Through a grant from the DC Office on Aging and the support of the community, Iona is able to provide subsidized case management services to DC residents aged 60 and over, who live in Ward 3.
Services are provided regardless of your income and assets. There is no charge for services (donations are welcome, but not required). As there is oftentimes a waiting list for these services, we give priority to those most in need.
Iona case managers can:
- Assess how well an older adult is managing on their own, and what care might be needed;
- Arrange and monitor home care and other services;
- Schedule medical appointments, and facilitate doctor/patient communication;
- Provide short-term crisis management;
- Apply for government benefits/services, and
- Provide other supports as needed
To learn more about eligibility or refer someone to this service, please contact us.