Beginning October 17, 2022, Legal Counsel for the Elderly’s Self-Help Office will be providing paralegal services to District residents aged 60 and older at Iona’s Tenleytown office (4125 Albemarle St NW).
Services are available by appointment only and can be made by calling the Legal Counsel for the Elderly’s hotline at (202) 434-2120. Appointments can also be made at other locations throughout the District.
Services available include:
- Applying for public benefits
- Help with utility assistance programs
- Referrals to social service agencies
- Assistance completing legal forms
- Addressing credit issues
- Help with student loan issues
- Information on requests for vital records
- Assistance filing a small claims complaint
- and more!