POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT- 12/9/2020
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring an Adult Day Center Program Manager for our new center in Congress Heights. We are a nonprofit organization that directly helps 3,500 older adults and families with the challenges and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington, DC area. Since 1975, we have educated, advocated, and provided community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well.
Iona’s suite of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, our award-winning adult day health program, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, home-delivered meals, and more.
Iona is fortunate to have a community of committed supporters. We have strong relationships with long-term funders, actively engaging stakeholders while cultivating new partners and developing new revenue streams.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for the development, organization, and directing the overall daily management of the program under the supervision of the Center’s Director. They will also develop and implement a multi-level activity program to meet therapeutic needs of individuals and groups. The Program Manager will serve as a member of interdisciplinary team and work closely with Clinical Nurse Manager, Social Worker, and Creative Arts Coordinator in the ongoing evaluation of new and current participants and programs of the center.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee planning and implementation of the activity program for the adult day health center and ensure that the program meets the standards of the Department of Aging and Community Living, Medicaid, Veteran’s Affairs, Department of Disability Services, and/or other regulatory, grant, or contract requirements.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the program, kitchen staff, and volunteers; arrange adequate coverage for absences, setting a schedule for staff coverage for activities, lunch, breaks, etc.
- Supervise coordination of all activities/trips with other agencies or clubs, including intergenerational programs.
- Develop strong relationships with local schools and build an intergenerational program.
- Develop the monthly activity calendar and have a quarterly plan prepared in advance.
- Manage the monthly publication of the newsletter /activity calendar so that it is mailed to the participants prior to the first of the month.
- Maintain a monthly budget to coordinate the purchase of program supplies and keeps the monthly expenditure chart.
- Facilitate bi-monthly program staff meeting.
- Facilitate weekly supervisory meetings with program staff.
- Responsible for program staff development in coordination with the adult day health center director, assessing training needs and arranging for training sessions within and outside of the center.
- Lead and/or assist activities staff as needed.
- Assist with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- Escort as needed.
- Supervise and assist in the preparation and serving meals daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology, Social Work or other related field preferred, but not required.
- Five years of progressively responsible management experience including staff supervision and activity coordination.
- Two years of experience working with individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary setting preferred.
- Initial and annual chest x-ray/PPD or medical certification.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Food Safety Certification preferred.
Iona offers a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation and a 403(b)-retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Expand HR Consulting, Erica Raphael: .
Iona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.