Position Announcement- August 15, 2019
We are currently seeking a part-time (20hrs/wk) social worker to join our Money Management Program team. The Money Management Program Social Worker (Social Worker) will facilitate financial social work interventions with adults 60 years and older. The Social Worker will conduct in-home assessments, develop and implement service plans, and provide money management support to older adults with memory loss. View job description.
Iona Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization celebrating over 40 years of operation. Iona supports people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. We educate, advocate and provide community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well.
Iona’s family of services include: Consultation, Care Management, and Counseling (CCMC), our award-winning Wellness & Arts adult day center, Active Wellness program at St. Alban’s, support groups, workshops, home-delivered meals, and more. We are located in Washington, DC, just minutes from the AU/Tenleytown Metro.
- Assess the biopsychosocial factors influencing each client’s financial stability
- Create and implement person-centered service plans
- Utilize evidence-based practices to engage clients in discussions about financial behavior change as needed
- Identify, and link clients with, appropriate resources and benefits to enhance financial stability
- Conduct regular home visits
- Maintain client records
- Assist with outreach and educational sessions city wide
- Accomplish other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Social Work with current licensure in the District of Columbia
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective problem solver, excellent interpersonal skills, strong time management skills, and detail oriented
- Must have car and valid driver’s license
Email resume and cover letter: email@example.com.