POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – 10/29/20
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring an IT Support Technician to join our Finance and Administration team.
Iona is a nonprofit organization that directly helps 3,500 older adults and families with the challenges and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington, DC area. Since 1975, we have educated, advocated, and provided community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well. Iona’s suite of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, our award-winning adult day health program, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, home-delivered meals, and more.
Under the direction of the Director of Administration, the IT Support Technician will work daily with Iona staff to help them utilize Iona’s technology (Microsoft Office 365, specialized databases, telephones) effectively, efficiently and securely in support of their workflow. The IT Support Technician will also assist with hardware and software installation/maintenance and training of staff, and support staff in work-from-home (WFH) capacities. Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will work remotely until Iona’s Tenleytown location reopens for staff. Under normal business conditions, this position is based in the office.
- Assists with daily operations of IT functions including policies and procedures, rollouts, training, and troubleshooting for users, including:
- Local and wide area networks, manage hardware and software maintenance.
- Deployment of computer systems, software applications, information and systems security, training and support for staff efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establishes, supports, and maintains WFH system solutions to ensure secured accessibility to applications, databases, file systems, and other IT.
- Ensures security software, such as antivirus, firewalls, and malware protection are current.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of routine IT requests and problem reports. May respond and track varied special technology requests.
- Prepares weekly status reports for the Director of Administration, including but not limited to the following information: summary of completed tasks, status of outstanding tasks, summary of special requests and problem reports, and recommendations for improving the IT environment.
- Develops and educates staff on IT policies and procedures, including but not limited to Information Systems Security Policy, Proper Use of Information Systems, Disaster Recovery, Continuity of Operations, and WFH Protocols.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots staff computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Manages emergency IT troubleshooting and maintains accurate tracking records.
- Assesses the need for computer or software training in the organization. Routine training needs may include support for new hires, for employees in new roles or with new assignments, and for organization-wide training on new software, programs, or company-wide information technology (IT) system changes or policies.
- Develops training courses and materials to be used in workshop, group, and one-on-one training sessions.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT system modifications, development of new software programs or services, and other pertinent changes that may drive training needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals and CompTIA Security+ certification strongly preferred.
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience highly preferred, but certifications lieu of bachelor’s degree may be acceptable. Experience working in a temporarily remote or partial remote work environment helpful.
- 3+ years of previous related information technology experience.
- Demonstrated strong internal customer service experience and approach. Ability to build strong professional relationships with employees of all levels.
- Highly organized with excellent time and project management skills.
- Understanding in managing and prioritizing competing demands. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, proactive, problem solver, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to understand Iona’s business and mission, and how IT enables security, accessibility, and workflow, communicate problems and status appropriately, and escalate to management when necessary.
- Ability to travel locally on occasional for setup/troubleshoot remote work-from-home hardware and software for employee.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Package included health, dental, and life insurance, vacation, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Email resume and cover letter to Erica Raphael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.