Iona’s leadership and staff are closely following developments from the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and welfare of our clients, staff, and volunteers are our top priority. We encourage everyone to monitor updates and take hygiene precautions as suggested by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 202-895-9448. Any changes or updates to our programs will be communicated via email, social media channels, and posted here.
Update to Services and Programs, as of March 3, 2022
Our main building located at 4125 Albemarle Street NW, Washington, DC 20016 is open to the public. The Loan Closet is also accepting donations and loaning equipment.
All Iona programs are operating in person. Participants/visitors at Around Town DC at St. Alban’s are required to show proof of full vaccination (two shots).
Iona will continue to require the use of masks for all staff, participants, clients, and visitors at our buildings and sites until further notice.
We are serving members of the community in the following ways:
- Helpline is operating Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. If you have any aging- or caregiving-related questions, please call 202-895-9448 or email email@example.com.
- Community Care Management assesses how well older adults are managing on their own, what support might be needed, and arranges and monitors home care and other services. Please call 202-895-9448 to see if you qualify.
- Iona Care Management consultations for family caregivers (local or long-distance) or older adults who want to plan ahead for their aging are available through phone or videoconferencing. Our care managers are able to assist with advance care planning, navigating health care issues, aging in place, and making a move. To learn more about how we can help, click here. To schedule a consultation, call 202-895-9448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support Groups and Psychotherapy Sessions take place over Zoom videoconferencing and telephone.
- Around Town DC offers virtual and in-person activities for older adults aged 60 and up who live in the District, with fitness classes, discussion groups, workshops, and more. Around Town DC’s website also has an excellent resource page for different online activities and resources. Visit it here.
- Home Delivered Meals are offered through the DC Department of Aging and Community Living. To see if you qualify, call us at 202-895-9448. In addition, our Helpline staff can direct you to other emergency food and nutrition services that may be available.
- Iona’s Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s provides wellness programming and a hot lunch five days a week. See more information here.
- The Wellness & Arts Center is open. Participants must be pre-approved. For more information, call our Helpline at (202) 895-9448.
- Iona’s Washington Home Center is open. Participants must be pre-approved. For more information, call our Helpline at (202) 895-9448.
- Memory Cafes are scheduled for months with a 5th Friday and take place virtually. For more information, contact Sarah Grogan at email@example.com.
- Club Memory is closed on-site until further notice. Online activities are taking place on Zoom. For more information, call Sharon Sellers at 202-660-5664.
If you have questions about what to expect from Iona’s programs, please give us a call at 202-895-9448.
PLEASE NOTE: We continue to monitor daily communications from the CDC, Department on Aging and Community Living (DACL), and District of Columbia public health sources so that we can stay informed and respond quickly to new guidelines.
A fast-changing, public health crisis such as this demands consistent communication. We are committed to providing you with information, updated regularly.