Iona is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) care manager to join our Iona Care Management team.
Join an exciting and expert team at Iona providing fee-based services to older adults and their families, including consultations, assessment, and care management, and assist with outreach and business development for Iona Care Management. This is a part-time position, with opportunity for growth to full-time.
Iona Senior Services is a nonprofit organization now celebrating its 41st year of operation. Iona supports people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. We educate, advocate, and provide community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well. Iona’s family of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling (CCMC), our award-winning Wellness & Arts Center, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, workshops, home-delivered meals and more. We are located in Washington, DC just minutes from the AU/Tenleytown Metro.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations for older adults and their support networks to identify their needs for services.
- Develop care plans, arrange services, and prepare and maintain records and progress notes consistent with agency standards.
- Assist clients in resolving problems by assessing client needs, educating the client, the family and caregivers about available resources, and linking the client system to appropriate services.
- Provide consultation services to older adults, adult children and other family members as requested.
- Participate in clinical case conferences and team meetings.
- Provide care coordination, including escorting clients to medical appointments, monitoring care at home and in the hospital and long-term care facilities.
II. Outreach & Business Development
- Periodically conduct workshops on topics related to aging and caregiving
- Attend networking meetings
- Meet with physicians, elder law attorneys, and other referral sources to educate them about Iona Care Management.
- Minimum three years of experience in a progressively responsible position, specializing in geriatric care management or other health or social services to older adults and family members.
- Licensure as social worker or nurse in District of Columbia (LICSW or RN) and in Maryland (LCSW-C or RN).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively negotiate complex situations.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize among multiple urgent or emergent client and/or practice situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills with computer literacy; ability to use electronic records and documentation systems.
- Must have car and valid driver’s license.
Package includes health, dental, life, and LTD insurance, vacation, and 403(b) retirement plan. To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Iona Senior Services, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity within its staff, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.