POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT- 3/3/2021
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring a full-time Individual Giving Manager. We are a nonprofit organization that directly helps 3,500 older adults and families with the challenges and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington, DC area. Since 1975, we have educated, advocated, and provided community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well.
Iona’s suite of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, our award-winning adult day health program, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, home-delivered meals, and more.
Iona is fortunate to have a community of committed supporters. We have strong relationships with long-term funders, actively engaging stakeholders while cultivating new partners and developing new revenue streams.
About the Role
The Individual Giving Manager, working with the Director of Development, Board of Directors and Board of Associates will help to strengthen donor relationships and making a meaningful impact through philanthropic support.
The position is responsible for meeting quarterly and annual goals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a diverse base of donors. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, this position works closely with other development team members, staff members, and board members to help the organization achieve its development objectives
- Managing a portfolio of individual donors who give between $1,000 and $25,000 annually
- Create and implement personalized cultivation/briefing/ask strategies for all assigned prospects
- Maintain accurate records and achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities
- Conduct prospect research on individual donors and identifying prospects for solicitation
- Assist in the planning and oversite of strategic donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Work with board sustainability committee to identify, cultivate, and steward major gifts prospects, and report on development progress at board meetings, as required
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development and Communications each year to develop realistic and attainable budget projections related to all forms of individual giving contributed revenue goals
- Represent Iona Senior Services at functions and events, where appropriate
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional fundraising experience with a proven track record of raising gifts from individuals for a non-profit organization
- Experience with the Benevon® Model of Sustainable Fundraising strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as to be self-directed with a high degree of accountability.
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills
- Skill in writing development communications in various voices, lengths, and contexts
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong Personal Computer (PC) skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet research experience, and basic PC troubleshooting
Iona offers a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation and a 403(b)-retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Expand HR Consulting, Erica Raphael at email@example.com.
Iona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.