Iona has many rewarding volunteer opportunities for people of all ages, skills, and experiences.
Whether you volunteer several times a week, every Saturday, occasional evenings or only on Thanksgiving, we have an opportunity for you. We value whatever time and talent you have to offer, and will work with your schedule to make your experience meaningful and enjoyable.
Whether you are a student who is volunteering for the first time or an experienced professional, you will leave Iona feeling enriched. Volunteering also builds the confidence of students who spend time with us.
We couldn’t provide our services and programs to older adults and the community without you! Thank you for sharing your time.
We welcome hundreds of volunteers each year including:
- Individuals and families who want to give back to the community
- Community organizations such as the Masons or Junior League, school groups and scout troops, faith communities, and law firms that want to collaborate on a project or develop an on-going relationship with us
- Employers interested in sponsoring community service days
- Students with service learning requirements who are able to commit 20 hours of their time during a semester or summer
People my age don’t realize how fun it is to work with older folks, including those with dementia. They think it must be depressing, but it’s the complete opposite. Volunteering at Iona lifts my spirits and grounds my week.”
– Jessica Shoemaker, 29
- Click here to view the latest volunteer opportunities at Iona
- Download Iona’s Adult Volunteer Application
- Download Iona’s Under 18 Volunteer Application
- Contact Tania Sechriest, Iona’s Volunteer Program Coordinator by calling (202) 895-9419 or by email.
On occasion, applications find their way into Iona’s spam. Please contact us at (202) 895-9448 if you haven’t heard back within a week of submitting your application.