Iona works with individuals, families, or businesses who are inspired to sponsor a food or product drive for our older neighbors. Whether during challenging economic times or the holidays, your contributions benefit older adults who may have nowhere else to turn when their finances are tight and they need to purchase food or home necessities. We also always welcome donations of gift cards to drug and grocery stores like CVS, Giant, or Safeway.
Individuals and groups are invited to collect and donate personal-care items for vulnerable older clients. To organize a product drive, contact Tania Sechriest at email@example.com or (202) 895-9419.
Requested products include:
- Shampoo, conditioner, or bodywash
- Body lotion/cream
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Bar soap
- Men’s and women’s razors, and shaving cream
- Unopened packages of adult incontinence products (diapers, pull-on briefs, nighttime pads, waterproof pads for beds or chairs, etc.) of all sizes
- Latex gloves, all sizes
- Corn starch baby powder (No talc)
- Combs and hair brushes
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent or pods
- Dishwashing liquid
- Cleaning products — spray bleach, windex, toilet cleaner, etc.
- Small brooms, dustpans, mops, buckets, and dusting cloths
- Sponges for the kitchen or for cleaning
- Light bulbs
- Acrylic baby weight yarn for the Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s Knitting Circle
Individuals and groups are invited to collect and donate shelf-stable food items for food-insecure older clients. We are also very grateful to receive gift card donations ($10-$25 increments) to grocery or drug stores such as Giant, Safeway, or CVS. For information on donating shelf-stable food items to the pantry, please contact Jakia Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 895-9408, or Rose Clifford at email@example.com or (202) 895-0247.
Requested food items include:
- Whole grain cold and hot cereals
- Peanut and other nut or seed butters
- Low-sodium canned and packaged cup soups
- Canned beef stew and other shelf-stable entrée items
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Canned beans
- Canned tuna, salmon, and chicken