Iona frequently works with individuals, families, or businesses who are inspired to sponsor a food or product drive. Whether during challenging economic times or the holidays, your contributions benefit older adults who may have nowhere else to turn when their pantry shelves are bare. We also always welcome donations of gift cards to drug and grocery stores like CVS, Giant, or Safeway.
Individuals and groups are invited to collect and donate shelf-stable food items for food-insecure older clients.
Requested food items include:
- Whole grain cold and hot cereals
- Peanut and other nut or seed butters
- Low-sodium canned and packaged cup soups
- Canned beef stew and other shelf-stable entrée items
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Canned beans
- Canned tuna, salmon, and chicken
Individuals and groups are invited to collect and donate personal-care items for vulnerable older clients.
Requested products include:
- Unopened packages of adult incontinence products (diapers, pull-on briefs, nighttime pads, waterproof pads for beds or chairs, etc.) of all sizes
- Barrier cream
- Baby powder
- Adult wipes
- Moisturizing hand sanitizer
- Dental floss, tooth paste, soft adult toothbrushes, or denture brushes
- Shampoo or conditioner
- Gentle body wash
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Lip balm
- Dishwashing liquid
- First aid kits/bandages
- Cough drops
- Latex gloves, sizes medium and large
- Acrylic baby weight yarn for the Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s Knitting Circle
To organize a food or product drive, contact Tania Sechriest at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 895-9419.