Do you have any of these items that you no longer need? Donate them to Iona’s Loan Closet, which provides aging-related items to anyone in the community for free.
We accept the following items:
- Wheelchairs (non-electric)
- Knee scooters
- Transport chairs (lightweight wheelchairs that need to be pushed)
- Rollator walkers (with and without seats)
- Tub seats
- Transfer benches
- Commodes (new)
- Hand-held grabbers
In addition, Iona also welcomes donations of new hygiene, nutrition, and food items, including:
- Incontinence products (adult absorbent underwear, liners, and pads for beds)
- Unexpired liquid nutritional supplements for oral consumption only, such as Ensure and Boost. We cannot accept tube feeding formulas or supplies.
- Unopened canned or other shelf-stable food items that are well within their “use by” date
- New unopened toiletries, including toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoo and conditioner, soap and body wash, lotion, shaving cream and razors, and deodorant. (Full sizes only, please, not sample or travel sizes.)
- Household cleaning products and supplies such as toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, garbage bags, spray cleaners, bleach, sponges, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
If you would like to make a donation to our Loan Closet, please contact us at (202) 895-9448 or email email@example.com.