Employee Eldercare Program Intern: Are you interested in the buzz about the aging baby boomer population? Do you want to support caregivers who are employees to achieve a work/life balance in the workplace?
Iona Senior Services has a unique partnership with a national corporation to provide an onsite eldercare program to its employees who are caregivers. With this partnership of nearly two decades and more than 3000 employees as clients, Iona provides an eldercare consultant who is based in the corporation’s DC office. We are looking to expand our capacity to support employed caregivers and aging employees.
Iona’s employee eldercare program is multifaceted and we seek a talented intern who seeks new learning opportunities and is willing to assist with a variety of tasks. As an intern, you will get to work with staff at a nonprofit and at a for-profit organization, while working with real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has strong communication skills, is creative and thoughtful, has good interpersonal skills, has exceptional research skills, and is committed to helping employees maximize productivity and reduce stress related to caregiving responsibilities.
This internship is unpaid. It will begin in Fall 2017.
What you will learn:
- How to identify and address the needs of caregivers and aging adults in the workplace.
- How to summarize evaluations and feedback surveys for the benefit of the program.
- Administrative precision by maintaining current policies, procedures, web pages, etc.
- Track relevant legislation and information that benefit caregivers and aging adults.
- Coordinate educational opportunities through resource development and marketing.
- Background in social work, human resources, marketing, communications, business management, or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in nonprofits, gerontology, and human resource/employee assistance programs.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creativity and flexibility.
Reporting To: Montrella Cowan, LICSW, Eldercare Consultant
Department: Consultation, Care Management, and Counseling (CCMC)
Iona Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization now celebrating its 41st year of operation. Iona supports people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. We educate, advocate, and provide community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well. Iona’s family of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling (CCMC), our award-winning Wellness & Arts Center, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, workshops, home-delivered meals and more. We are located in Washington, DC just minutes from the AU/Tenleytown Metro.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iona Senior Services, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to diversity within its staff, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.