Adult day health services provide older adults living with chronic conditions individualized therapeutic, social, and health services during the day.
Participants enjoy lively activities and the company of their peers, all within a safe environment. At the same time, their families are able to go to work, run errands, or simply take time for themselves–all with the knowledge that their loved one is not bored or lonely at home all day.
But knowing whether adult day health services is the right option for your family can be difficult. These questions might help. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, adult day health services may be the right care option for you and your loved one:
- Do you worry about your family member’s safety if they are alone at home?
- Are you concerned that your loved one is bored, unhappy, or isolated sitting at home all day? Do they have someone to talk to during the day?
- Do you worry that your family member’s physical or cognitive health is declining?
- Does your loved one need assistance to remember to take their medications, check their blood sugar, or eat healthy meals?
- Do you want to avoid senior facilities, and help ensure your loved one remains at home for as long as possible?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by your caregiving responsibilities? Would you like time away from your family member to go to work, run errands, or rest?
To learn more about how adult day health services can help you and your family, and to schedule a tour of Iona’s Wellness & Arts Center, please contact us by calling (202) 895-9448 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.