About the Lois & Richard England Gallery at Iona
Since 1975, Iona has been a respected and trusted non-profit leader providing essential services for the Washington, DC metropolitan area’s older adults and their families. We support people as they experience the challenges and opportunities of aging. We educate, advocate, and provide community-based services to help people age well and live well.
The Lois & Richard England Gallery at Iona regularly features artworks by local, vibrant artists age 60+. This gallery is a platform that showcases our mission in action, and inspires creativity, community building, and
self-expression in older adults.
Call to Artists Details
The Lois & Richard England Gallery at Iona is seeking professional artists to exhibit their two-dimensional works of art, including paintings and mixed-media compositions, that focus on urban or city landscapes. Realism, representational, and abstract works will be considered. Please, no digital or computer-generated works.
This may be a 2-4 artist exhibition, therefore artists selected must have a portfolio of 24-30 pieces available (depending upon sizes) for hanging. The Gallery accepts 25% commission on any sales.
Open to artists age 60+, living or working within a 50-mile radius of Washington, DC.
- Up to 10 images (saved as .jpg) to be sent as attachments to email, together with Entry Application and 1-2 page CV.
- Each image size should be less than 2MB, with longest side at less than 1600 pixels, and resolution set at 72 dpi.
- Identify each image file. Numbering must correspond with list on Entry Application.
- All artwork must be the artist’s original creation within the last 10 years and must be available at time of exhibition.
- Artwork should not exceed 50-inches in width, including frame, and weigh less than 30-lbs.
- Artwork must be framed, labeled on the back with artist’s name, title, & number to correspond with list on Entry Application, and ready to hang when delivered.
- Artist or designated agent must deliver and retrieve works to/from gallery only during designated dates and times. Gallery will not accept crated or packaged artwork.
(Participants please mark them on you calendars)
Friday, July 19, 2019 at 5 p.m. – Submission deadline
Friday, July 26– Notification to artists
Week of July 29, 2019, or Week of Aug. 5, 2019 – Studio visits by curator
Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 – Signed contract deadline
Wednesday, Aug. 28, 1-4 p.m. and Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, 10 a.m. –noon – Art drop off
Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019, 7-9 p.m. – Opening reception
Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, 10:30-3 p.m. – Art pick up
September 14, 2019 – January 16, 2020.
CONTACT AND SUBMISSION
Send your completed application to Joey Mánlapaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.