POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – 10/29/20
Iona is pleased to announce that we are hiring a part-time Building Maintenance Assistant to join our Finance and Administration team.
Iona is a nonprofit organization that directly helps 3,500 older adults and families with the challenges and opportunities of aging in the greater Washington, DC area. Since 1975, we have educated, advocated, and provided community-based programs and services to help people age well and live well. Iona’s suite of services include: Consultation, Care Management and Counseling, our award-winning adult day health program, Active Wellness Program at St. Alban’s, support groups, home-delivered meals, and more.
About the Role
The Building Maintenance Assistant assists the Building Manager in the day-to-day building and grounds operations and maintenance of Iona’s Tenleytown location and offers backup support for the Congress Heights location.
- Responds to building operation requests as assigned in a friendly, collegial manner.
- Meets contractors and subcontractors for building and grounds as needed.
- Assists with moving office furniture/equipment and hanging/taking down art.
- Assists with preventive maintenance of building, building equipment, and grounds.
- Serves as back up liaison with licensee and rental space occupants.
- Assists with room set-up and logistics for internal events, support groups, and meetings.
- Delivers packages and materials to staff offices.
- Visits Tenleytown Post Office as required to mail items or pick up mail.
- Drive vehicle to make deliveries as assigned.
- Provide alternate reception coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred. 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, follow instructions and complete daily work within a well-defined framework.
- Strong, demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills. Internal customer service experience and approach.
- Works well under close supervision.
- Must be able to work with a diverse population of staff and clients.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform basic building maintenance.
- Ability to travel between Iona’s Tenleytown and Congress Heights locations.
- Current driver’s license (non-CDL) required.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Package includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Iona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.