Three simple ingredients make a wonderful glaze for this quick and delicious salmon recipe, one of my family’s favorite dishes. Mediterranean diet guidelines suggest consuming fish or seafood twice a week.
1 ½ lbs. fresh or thawed frozen salmon fillet, rinsed and patted dry
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp apricot jam
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
Juice of ½ lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (375° if using a convention oven).
- Line a baking dish with foil and place salmon, skin side down, in the dish.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over the fish.
- Mix together the olive oil, jam, and mustard and spread the mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the fish flakes and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, squeeze lemon juice over the fish, and serve.
By Rose Clifford, RDN, MBA
Rose Clifford, RDN, MBA has practiced as a registered dietitian nutritionist in the Washington, DC area for over 30 years. Her current primary work as the Nutrition Program Manager for Iona Senior Services focuses on helping older adults maximize their nutritional health so they can live active, full lives in their own homes. Rose is an active member of the DC Office on Aging Nutrition Task Force and is FY17 co-chair of the Food & Nutrition sub-committee of the DC Senior Advisory Coalition.